Skip to main content

Start Strong Center FAQs

Find what you need in our searchable FAQ.

How do I change my name?

528 views   |   0 Vote this question as useful.   0 Vote this question as not useful.   |   Last updated on Sep 06, 2023    Records


Student name changes must be made in writing to the Records Office with appropriate legal documentation. We require two pieces of documentation (and do not accept any substitutions or exceptions): a valid Social Security card with the new name and one of the following — a driver’s license with the new name, a court ordered name change, a marriage certificate, a divorce decree, a valid passport with the new name, or resident alien papers. Divorce decrees are accepted only if they state you are returning to the use of your maiden name.